⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024⚡
DOST Scholarship 2023 is open to Apply for all eligible Filipinos. The Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI), in collaboration with the National Consortium in Graduate Science and Mathematics Education (NCGSME), has announced a new Scholarship Program under the Capacity Building Program in Science and Mathematics Education (CBPSME).
This program offers Scholarships to both qualified male and female applicants for Master’s and Doctorate degrees in Science and Mathematics Education.
Table of Contents
- DOST Scholarship Goals
- Fields of Education
- Benefits of DOST SEI Scholarship 2023
- Qualifications for DOST Scholarship
- Who can else can apply
- Non eligibility
- Documentary Requirements for DOST Scholarship
- Application Deadline
- How to apply for the Scholarship
- Important Links
DOST Scholarship Goals
This Scholarship program aims towards:
- improving the quality of science and mathematics education in the country; and
- to accelerate the development of critical mass of experts in science and mathematics education.
Fields of Education
- Master’s in Mathematics / Science Education
- Doctoral in Mathematics / Science Education
Benefits of DOST SEI Scholarship 2023
Following are the benefits of DOST SEI Scholarships for Master’s and Doctoral Students:
- Tuition & other school fees: Actual
- Monthly Stipend:
- Master’s: ₱25,000
- Doctoral: ₱33,000
- Learning Materials and/or Connectivity Allowance : ₱20,000/AY
- Transportation Allowance: One (1) actual economy class round trip per academic year
- Group Accident & Health Insurance: Premium
- Thesis/Dissertation Allowance:
- Master’s: ₱60,000
- Doctoral: ₱100,000
- Student Research Support Fund:
- Research Grant
- Master’s: ₱114,000
- Doctoral: ₱253,000
- Dissemination Grant
- Master’s: ₱75,000
- Doctoral: ₱150,000
- Mentor’s Fee
- Master’s: ₱36,000
- Doctoral: ₱72,000
- Research Grant
Incentive: The stipends in the remaining months of the scholarship period shall be given to a scholar who completes his/her degree earlier than the end of the said period.
Qualifications for DOST Scholarship
Following is the eligibility criteria which a student must fulfil to apply for the Scholarship:
- The applicant must be a Natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Must not be more than 50 years old at the time of application;
- Must be in good health and of good moral character;
- Should pass the admission requirements for graduate studies at any of the NCGSME member-universities;
- Must Have teaching experience:
- at least two years teaching experience in science and mathematics for Doctoral; or
- at least one year teaching experience or
- have graduated with academic honors or graduated as DOST scholar for Master’s;
- Employment status:
- If employed: Allowed to study full-time for two or three years (Residential Mode) and part-time for six years at UPOU (Distance Education Mode); and
- For employees of the DepEd: Officially endorsed by DepEd (Signed Form 2A by Division Superintendent and Regional Director)
- 6. b.1 Must have been in service for at least five (5) years.
- 6.b.2 Must have at least Very Satisfactory performance rating for the last two (2) years.
- For employed non-DepEd applicants: Certificate of Employment, Permit to Study (Signed Form 2B by the Head of the University);
- Must Not be a recipient of other scholarship; and
- Willing to accept the terms and conditions specified in the Scholarship Contract.
Who can else can apply
Applicants with following qualifications can also apply for the Scholarship:
- PhD graduate in a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue a second PhD degree.
- MS/PhD non-scholar graduate (not S&T related) who intends to pursue a second MS/PhD degree.
Following are the non eligibility rules of the Scholarship:
- PhD graduate (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue another MS degree program.
- MS graduate in a priority S&T program (scholar or non-scholar) who intends to pursue a second MS degree.
Documentary Requirements for DOST Scholarship
Following are the documents required to apply for DOST Scholarship:
- Accomplished Information Form (Form 1) (link is given below);
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate;
- If employed, Certification of Employment and Permit to Study (Form 2A or Form 2B);
- Medical Certificate (Form 3);
- Certified True Copy of Service Record, if employed;
- Certified True Copy of Official Transcript of Records (TOR);
- Notice of Admission to the Master’s/Doctoral in Science and Mathematics Education program in the Graduate School at any of the NCGSME member-universities;
- Endorsement from two (2) former professors; and
- Letter of nomination/recommendation from the head of the university.
- Commitment to complete the degree.
- Valid NBI Clearance.
Following are the deadline dates a candidate has to keep in mind to apply for DOST Scholarship 2023
- The deadline date for Applicant to University submission is June 30, 2023
- The deadline date for University to SEI submission is July 31, 2023
How to apply for the Scholarship
All interested and eligible candidates can apply for DOST Scholarship by obtaining the Application form from the institutions mentioned in the Scholarship announcement (link given below).
For more information on School placements and Fields of Specialization, Terms of Scholarship and Selection of Awardees, visit the Scholarship Announcement page (link given below).
Link to Scholarship Announcement
Should you have questions or concerns, please contact the S&T Scholarship Division at
- Tel no.: 8330 8876, 8330 8826
- Email: [email protected]
Get Latest Updates on Facebook
Join OWWA Scholarship Facebook Group for Philippine Scholarships, Cash Assistance programs, Civil Service Exams and Government Job updates.