⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024⚡
BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023-2024 is open to apply for all Filipinos. The BPI Foundation shared the launch of BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023 Program on April 4th, 2023 in it’s Facebook post.
The BPI is one of the largest financial institutions in the Philippines. BPI was established with the mission to create a culture of financial wellness and being agents for sustainable positive change for underserved Filipino communities.
Table of Contents
- BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship
- Pagpupugay Scholarship Benefits
- Scholarship Eligibility
- Documents Required for Scholarship
- How to Apply for BPI Scholarship 2023
- BPI Scholarship Deadline
- BPI Foundation Partner Schools
- BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship Application Process
BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship
The Foundation states “At BPI, through BPI Foundation (BPIF), we recognize the great contributions of our medical front liners in the fight against COVID-19. To honor their heroic efforts, BPIF offers PAGPUPUGAY, a scholarship program to support the next of kin of the medical front liners who passed away or were infected by the coronavirus.”
Since the BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship program’s inception in 2020, the Foundation has provided educational assistance to fifteen (15) collegiate students. The BPI Scholarship renews annually every year.
Pagpupugay Scholarship Benefits
Following are the benefits of BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023:
- Each scholar will receive a scholarship grant of up to P100,000.00 every academic year to help pay Tuition and other incidental expenses given directly to BPIF’s partner institution.
- The financial aid shall only pay:
- School expenses for the ordinary school year or term and
- Shall not, under any circumstances, reimburse school fees originating from or connected to the summer term, unless the summer term is required by the course curriculum.
- For scholars from state universities and colleges, the financial assistance will cover:
- Monthly living subsidy and
- Learning assistance allowance.
Here is the list of eligibility criteria a student must meet to apply for BPI Foundation Scholarship:
- The applicant must be a Qualified next of kin of the following medical front liners who passed away or those who contracted COVID-19 in the line of duty:
- Medical technologists
- Community health workers
- Administrative, utility, and support services personnel in health care facilities
- The candidate should be a college or university student (1st year-4th year/5th year).
- To qualify, eligible students must have and maintain a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 85% or its equivalent, or meet University standards for the previous academic year (for incoming 1st year) or for the previous semester (for incoming 2nd year-5th year).
- The Applicant must NOT be a beneficiary of other scholarship or educational assistance program.
- If the deceased is married, priority beneficiaries will be the children.
- If single, beneficiaries can be next of kin up to 3rd degree of consanguinity.
Documents Required for Scholarship
Here is the list of documents required to apply for BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023:
- Fully accomplished scholarship application form (bit.ly/AY2023-
- Fully accomplished data privacy form (bit.ly/AY2023-
- If the medical frontliner is deceased: Affidavit of Endorsement and of No Objection (Next of Kin) (https://bit.ly/AY2023-2024Affidavit-NextOfKin)
- If the medical frontliner is still living: Affidavit of Endorsement and of No Objection
- Endorsement letter, duly signed by the authorized representative of the hospital or health care facility where the medical front liner was assigned
- Original or authenticated copies of the following:
- Course curriculum
- If a child of the medical front liner, NSO-authenticated birth certificate of the
- If a sibling of the medical front liner, NSO-authenticated birth certificate of the
applicant and the front liner showing their common parents
- If a nephew/niece of the medical front liner, birth certificate of the applicant,
together with the birth certificate of the applicant’s parent and the medical
front liner showing their common parents
- If a widow/widower of the medical front liner, NSO-authenticated marriage
certificate of the medical front liner.
- PRC ID or License ID of the medical front liner
- If medical front liner is deceased, death certificate of the medical front liner –
indicating COVID-19 or complications due to COVID-19 as cause of death
- If medical front liner is still living, medical certificate of the medical front liner -indicating COVID-19 in the findings
- Latest ITR of parents / guardian of the applicant (Certificate of Indigency)
- Latest previous academic year Transcript of Records or Copy of Grades
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- Only the applications with complete requirements will be processed.
- Scanned copies of application form and other supporting documents may be
submitted. Hard copies will be required once applicants are selected for the scholarship.
How to Apply for BPI Scholarship 2023
All Interested and eligible applicants can apply for the BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023-2024 by contacting the BPI Foundation Partner Schools.
Interested students must contact and email their respective colleges or universities for more information or submission of applications.
BPI Scholarship Deadline
The Deadline date to apply for BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship is May 19, 2023.
BPI Foundation Partner Schools
Following is the list which contains the names and contact emails of BPI Pagpupugay Scholarship Partner Schools:
- Ateneo de Manila University – [email protected]
- Cebu Institute of Technology University – [email protected]
- Christ the King College – Gingoog City – [email protected]
- De La Salle University (Manila) – Please visit the De La Salle University Facebook Page for the Google Form link
- Far Eastern University (Manila) – fin[email protected], [email protected]
- Holy Angel University (Pampanga) – [email protected]
- Lorma Colleges (La Union) – [email protected]
- Lyceum of the Philippines University (Davao) – [email protected]
- Mapua University (Manila and Makati) – [email protected]
- Malayan Colleges Laguna – [email protected]
- Malayan Colleges Mindanao- [email protected]
- Mindanao State University–Iligan Institute of Technology – [email protected]
- Miriam College – [email protected], [email protected]
- National Teachers College – [email protected]
- Philippine Women’s University – [email protected]
- PHINMA Republican College – [email protected]
- PHINMA St. Jude College – [email protected]
- PHINMA University of Pangasinan – [email protected]
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines – [email protected]
- Saint Louis University – Baguio – [email protected], [email protected]
- Silliman University – [email protected]
- Southville International School and Colleges – [email protected]
- St. Mary’s College of Baliuag (Bulacan) – [email protected]
- Technological Institute of the Philippines – [email protected], [email protected]
- University of Batangas – [email protected], [email protected]
- University of Northern Philippines – [email protected]
- University of Nueva Caceres – [email protected]
- University of Perpetual Help Systems Dalta – [email protected]
- University of Santo Tomas (Manila) – [email protected]
- University of San Carlos – [email protected], [email protected]
- University of the Immaculate Concepcion (Davao) – [email protected]
- University of the Philippines (Diliman) – [email protected]
- University of the Philippines (Manila) – [email protected]
- Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan – [email protected]
NOTE: If the name of your school is not included in the list of partner schools, you can please coordinate directly with the BPI Foundation through our Scholarships team:
BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship Application Process
Following is the application process of BPI Foundation Pagpupugay Scholarship 2023:
- Partner Schools will screen the applications and will submit a short-list of three (3) nominees to BPI Foundation.
- Successful applicants will be selected from the list of nominees through an evaluation of their academic excellence and financial need.
- Selected scholars will be notified by BPIF of their acceptance to the program through their schools and electronic mail indicated in the application form.
Get Latest Updates on Facebook
Join Owwa Scholarship Facebook Group for Philippine Scholarships, Cash Assistance programs, Civil Service Exams and Government Job updates.
[Source: BPI Foundation]