⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024⚡
The CHED CoScho Scholarship 2023 is open to apply for all eligible Filipino college students. CHED, Commission on Higher Education has recently announced the launch of CHED CoScho Scholarship program for the AY 2023-2024 via a Facebook post.
Table of Contents
- What is CHED CoScho Scholarship
- CHED CoScho Scholarship Benefits
- Qualifications for Scholarship
- Priority Courses for CHED CoScho Scholarship
- Documentary Requirements
- CHED CoScho Scholarship Deadline
- How to apply for CHED CoScho Scholarship
What is CHED CoScho Scholarship
The CHED CoScho Scholarship 2023-2024 program is a scholarship program for Coconut Farmers and their Families in the Philippines.
The Commission on Higher Education in the Philippines (CHED) is in responsibility of ensuring the quality of the country’s college education system.
By providing the CHED CoScho scholarship, CHED aims to empower and uplift coconut farming communities.
CHED CoScho Scholarship Benefits
Every CHED CoScho scholar will receive a scholarship benefit of ₱195,000. This Financial assistance will cover Regular allowances and other allowances which are as follows:
A total of ₱80,000 is given to scholars as regular allowance, this will cover the following:
- A Stipend of ₱35,000.00 per semester / ₱70,000.00 per AY, which includes
- Educational tours,
- Medical insurance,
- Internet use and
- Communication expenses
- Books and learning materials allowance of ₱5,000.00 per semester / ₱10,000.00 per AY
A total of ₱115,000 is given to scholars as other allowance, this will cover the following:
- ₱75,000.00 – Thesis and / or OJT allowance
- ₱10,000.00 – One-time attendance in local conference/fora should be related to the undergraduate program and to be given during the junior or senior standing. The activity should not be on the same HEI where the beneficiary is enrolled.
- ₱30,000.00 – One-time financial assistance for the purchase of a laptop – to be given during the first year of scholarship grant.
Qualifications for Scholarship
Following is the eligibility criteria required to apply for the scholarship:
- The applicant must be a Filipino Citizen;
- Must be graduating high school student / high school graduate with general weighted average grade (GWA) of 85% or its equivalent or college student with earned academic units relevant to the degree programs identified by PCA with a GWA of 85% the previous semester or its equivalent.
- Should pass the entry level requirements of identified State University and Colleges (SUCs);
- Must not be a recipient of any government-funded financial assistance program;
- For qualified applicants with privately funded scholarship grant covering only tuition fees, he/she must pass the entry level requirement of the private higher education institution (HEI);
- Duly registered coconut farmer in the NCFRS or his/her dependent; and
- Must have a combined annual gross income of parents not exceeding P300,000.00.
Priority Courses for CHED CoScho Scholarship
Following is the list of Priority Courses of CHED CoScho Scholarship Program 2023:
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture – preferably specializing in the fields of:
- Plant Physiology and Agronomy,
- Plant Pathology,
- Plant Breeding,
- Soil Science,
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Agribusiness / Agribusiness Management
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Extension Education
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Development Management
- Bachelor of Science in Development Communication
- Bachelor of Science in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- Bachelor of science in Fisheries
- Bachelor of Science in Food Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering/Manufacturing Technology Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Political Science
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Science in Public Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Rural Development
- Bachelor of Science in Social Work
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor of Science in Tourism
Following is the list of documents required to apply for CHED CoScho Program 2023:
- Birth Certificate issued by the Local Civil Registry or Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
- For senior high school students – duly certified copy of the grades for Grade 11 and first semester for Grade 12;
- For senior high school graduates – form 138; and
- For applicants with earned units or currently enrolled in college – duly Certified Copy of Grades for the latest semester/term attended.
- PCA Certification. Only one family member shall be allowed to apply for the scholarship;
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from the last school attended;
- Proof of income – any of the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return (ITR) of applicant and/spouse/parents/guardians if imployed;
- Certificate of Tax Exemption from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR);
- Certificate of No Income from BIR;
- Certificate of Indigency from their Barangay; or
- Certificate/Case Study from Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Notice of admission from the HEI with collegiate degree offerings;
- Proof that the student applicant belonged to special group/s (if applicable); and
- Original Barangay Certification that parents/guardians and siblings had never attended college/university (if applicable).
CHED CoScho Scholarship Deadline
- The CHED Scholarship is Ongoing and is open to apply now.
- The deadline date to apply for CHED CoScho Scholarship 2023 is October 15, 2023.
How to apply for CHED CoScho Scholarship
All interested and eligible Filipino students can apply for the CHED CoScho Scholarship Program 2023 by visiting the regional application portals.
Following are the links to all Regional Application Portals:
For more information regarding the scholarship, contact the CHED Regional Offices.
Get Latest Updates on Facebook
Join OWWA Scholarship Facebook Group for Philippine Scholarships, Cash Assistance programs, Civil Service Exams and Government Job updates.