⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024⚡
Security Bank Scholarship is open to all Filipinos to Apply for the AY 2023-2024. The goal of the Security Bank Foundation Scholarship for Better Communities Scholarship Program is to help deserving but underprivileged students who are enrolled in Security Bank Foundation partner schools.
This Scholarship is funded by Security Bank Foundation. The partner schools of Security Bank Foundation help assist with student screening, selection, and performance evaluation of the scholars.
Table of Contents
- Security Bank Foundation Scholarship Benefits :
- Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
- Documentary Requirements for Scholarship
- Scholarship Renewal
- Partner Schools of Security Bank
- How to Apply for Scholarship
- Scholarship Application Deadline
- Screening and Selection Process
- Security Bank Scholarship – Video Guide
- Scholarship Terms and Conditions
- Termination of Scholarship
- Frequently Asked Questions
Security Bank Foundation Scholarship Benefits :
Each scholar is entitled to the following benefits per academic year until he finishes his tertiary course.
Following is the list of monetary benefits of Security Bank Scholarship 2023-2024:
- A Stipend of Php 10,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months.
- No allotment of Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees due to “Free Tuition Law”.
- A Stipend of Php 5,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months.
- Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees – Maximum of Php 100,000 of per year.
Please note that Financial assistance will be released subject to the maximum amount per year and based on the actual number of months during which the classes are conducted and ongoing.
In addition to providing financial support, Security Bank Foundation also promotes Scholars in professional growth through opportunities for internships, participation in CSR initiatives, and attendance at training events held by partner universities.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarship
Following is the eligibility criteria a student must meet to apply for the Scholarship:
- The applicant must be a Graduating Grade 12 student from public/private school
- The Latest General Weighted Average (GWA) must be at least 90% or its equivalent
- No parent should currently be employed/assigned in Security Bank
- No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within second degree of consanguinity or affinity
- No other existing scholarship except for discounts provided by schools
- The applicant must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools in NCR (list given below)
Documentary Requirements for Scholarship
Following is the list of documents required to apply for the Scholarship for all levels:
For Application purpose
The list of documents required for application are as follows:
- Birth Certificate of Scholar
- Portrait Photo of Scholar
- A Duly accomplished Online Application Form
- Proof of Admission / Acceptance Letter from any of the 8 Partner Schools
- Latest Grade 12 Report Card with Final General Weighted Average (up to latest available quarter grading, if no final GWA)
- Latest Parent/Guardian’s Income Tax Return (for employed) / Certificate of Indigency (for unemployed) / Copy of OFW Employment Contract with Compensation
Upon Admission to the scholarship program
The list of documents required upon admission to the scholarship program are as follows:
- The Certificate of Enrollment / Registration Card for A.Y. 2023-2024
- A Copy of Good Moral Certificate from the last school attended
- A Copy of school calendar for A.Y. 2023-2024
- Copy of Security Bank Internal Account Number (IAN) from the branch of account
- Copy of School Grading System (if the school does not use percentage [%] for grading)
- A Copy of Course/Program curriculum
- A Copy of Parent/Guardian’s Government Issued ID (for notary)
Scholars are required to renew their scholarship every school term (i.e. semester/trimester). Following is the Documents required to renew the scholarship:
- Online Renewal Form
- Certificate of Enrolment/Registration Form for the next school term
- Assessment of fees
- Report Card/Transcript of Records indicating general weighted average for the previous school term
- Updated grading system from school or university
- Reconsideration Letter (only if the scholar fails to meet the per subject grade requirement)
Partner Schools of Security Bank
Following is the list of Partner Schools of Security Bank Scholarship 2023:
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- De La Salle University – Manila
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
How to Apply for Scholarship
All Interested applicants can apply for Security Bank Scholarship 2023-2024 by visiting the Scholarship Online Application portal.
Scholarship Application Deadline
The opening date of Online Application submission is May 2, 2023.
The Deadline to submit the online application form for Security Bank Scholarship 2023-2024 is June 30, 2023.
Screening and Selection Process
Here is the Screening and Selection Process regarding the Scholarship:
- Only applications submitted online will be screened by Security Bank Foundation’s Scholarship Officer.
- Valid applications are endorsed by Security Bank Foundation to respective coordinators of our partner schools or universities.
- Security Bank Foundation may validate the data indicated in the application through mobile phone call and email.
- Applicants who passed the first level review will proceed to the online interview.
- Admitted applicants will be notified through mobile phone call and email. Applicants should ensure active contact information stated in the online application form.
- Newly admitted scholars will sign a scholarship contract to confirm their admission.
Security Bank Scholarship – Video Guide
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
Following are the terms and conditions regarding the Scholarship:
- The Scholarship assistance will commence on the first year of the tertiary course and continue until graduation from the same course.
- The scholar must be enrolled for at least the minimum number of units/load required by the school for each school term.
- Scholars are required to maintain at least 86% general weighted average and at least 80% per subject grade by the end of the term (semester/trimester).
Termination of Scholarship
A scholar may be terminated from the scholarship upon commission of any of the following grounds:
- Failure to submit renewal requirements on the date of the deadline
- Transferring to another school
- Shifting to a non-eligible course
- Failure to meet general weighted average
- Failing, incomplete, or dropped grade in both academic and non-academic subjects
- Deferment of enrolment in a school year (except for poor health)
- Violation of school policies during the availment of the grant
- Availment of another scholarship
Get Latest Updates on Facebook
Join Owwa Scholarship Facebook Group for Philippine Scholarships, Cash Assistance programs, Civil Service Exams and Government Job updates.
[Source: Security Bank Foundation]
Frequently Asked Questions
The goal of Security Bank Scholarship is to help deserving but underprivileged students who are enrolled in Security Bank Foundation partner schools. The eligible students will get stipend of max Php 100,000 per school year and other benefits.
The benefits of Security Bank Scholarship are : A Stipend of Php 10,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months with no tuition allowance for students studying in state universities; A Stipend of Php 5,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months and max allotment of Php 100,000 for Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees. In addition to providing financial support, Security Bank Scholarship also provides Non-Monetary Benefits.
The opening date of Security Bank Scholarship Application is May 2, 2023. You can apply for the Scholarship by submitting the Application online before deadline