The DOLE AKAP OWWA Cash Assistance is a financial aid program to support the DOLE-ongoing AKAP’s implementation. This initiative intends to assist the directly impacted Returning Overseas Filipino Workers (COVID-19). Along with Cash Assistance, OWWA also offers Scholarship opportunities for OFWs and their dependents.
Department of Labor and Employment is commonly known as DOLE. DOLE AKAP OWWA provides ongoing and new applications for cash financial assistance for each displaced OFW who temporarily or permanently lost abroad employment following the announcement of COVID-19 outbreak in the Philippines in February 2020 until its lifting by a lawful and competent entity.
Benefits of DOLE Cash Assistance
The DOLE, Department of Labor and Employment of Philippines provides a Cash Assistance of Php 10,000.00 for each displaced OFW who was lost abroad employment during the outbreak of COVID-19 in the Philippines in February 2020
Qualifications to Claim DOLE OWWA AKAP Cash Assistance
Here are Following documents required to apply for DOLE Cash Assistance
- Documented OFWs
- who possesses a valid passport and appropriate visa or permit to stay and work in the receiving country
- Those individuals whose contract of employment has been processed by the POEA or the POLO
- Qualified Undocumented OFW:
- who were originally regular or documented workers but for some reason or cause have thereafter lost their regular or documented status
- The OFWs who are not registered with the POEA or whose contracts were not processed by POEA or the POLO, but have undertaken actions to regularize their contracts or status
- The OFWs who are not registered with the POEA or whose contracts were not processed by POEA or the POLO, but are active OWWA members at the time of availment
- Balik-Manggagawa who are unable to return to home country in view of host country lockdown due to COVID-19.
Also Read : Ongoing OWWA Scholarships
Non Eligibility for Cash Assistance
- Individuals who received Php10,000.00 in special cash assistance under the OWWA Special Order No. 053, Series No. 2020, Special Financial Assistance to the Stranded OFWs Due to the 2019 Novel Corona Virus Acute Respiratory Disease (2019 NCOV ARD)
- For those Individuals whose employment contracts have expired or been terminated for reasons other than the COVID-19 pandemic
- Individuals who received Php10,000.00 in financial assistance under the DOLE-AKAP
Requirements to avail DOLE OWWA AKAP benefits
Here are following documents required to apply for DOLE OWWA assistance
- Passport or Travel Document
- Proof of Loss of Employment on account of COVID-19:
- Notice/Certificate of Termination of Employment by Employer or Foreign/Philippine Recruitment Agency; and/or
- “Sariling Salaysay” on the Loss of Employment on Account of COVID-19, with valid I.D
- Proof of Overseas Employment:
- Copy of Overseas Employment Contract (OEC);
- Balik Mangagawa (BM) Online Certificate (if, BM);
- Residence I.D;
- Visa/Re-entry Visa; and/or
- Others as may be determined by the evaluating office.
- In case of stranded BM, 1-3 requirements apply and to include:
- Return ticket or Boarding Pass of last arrical to Philippines
- Valid Visa
- Proof of Return to the Philippines (for ROF)
- Boarding Pass; and/or
- Air Ticket
Also Read : OWWA OFW Scholarship 2022 Application
How do I apply for DOLE Cash Assistance 2022
Apply for DOLE OWWA AKAP Cash Assistance in 5 simple steps
- Go to dole-akap.owwa.gov.ph and fill the online application form with required documents and obtain your One-Time-Pin (OTP), which can be used to track your application status
- Once the application is submitted, RWO will review the application form within 24 hours. If the application if incomplete, you will be notified of the same by RWO via email
- Approved application forms will be automatically encoded to Beneficiary Availment Program (BAP) system by the RWOs
- Upon completion of the assessment and evaluation, the DOLE-OWWA AKAP online system of application shall send notice of acceptance or rejection by email or SMS within 2-3 days.
- The beneficiaries of financial assistance will be notified by email or SMS by the DOLE-AKAP Online System when their funds have been released via direct payment or money transfer.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can avail OFW assistance from DOLE by applying for DOLE OWWA AKAP Cash Assistance program from here. Here are the documents required to apply for OFW Cash Assistance from DOLE
You can go to DOLE office at F.B. Harrison St, Pasay, Metro Manila or contact them via OWWA Hotline 1348 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The DOLE AKAP OWWA Cash Assistance is a financial aid program to support the directly impacted Returning Overseas Filipino Workers (COVID-19). Along with Cash Assistance, OWWA also offers Scholarship opportunities for OFWs and their dependents
OFW means Overseas Filipino Worker. OFW relates to all those Filipino workers who left their native country, Philippines in order to work overseas and support their families.
Apply for DOLE Cash Assistance 2022 in 5 easy steps
1. Fill application at dole-akap.owwa.gov.ph and obtain OTP
2. Application will be reviewed within 24 hours by RWO and you will be notified by email
3. Approved application forms will be encoded to BAP system.. Continue reading
NEED HELP WITH SCHOLARSHIP ?