The goal of the Security Bank Foundation Scholarship for Better Communities Scholarship Program is to help deserving but underprivileged students who are enrolled in Security Bank Foundation partner schools. The award is funded by Security Bank Foundation, and partner schools assist with student screening, selection, and performance evaluation.
Security Bank Foundation Scholarship Benefits :
Each scholar is entitled to the following benefits per academic year until he finishes his tertiary course.
Monetary Benefits of Security Bank Scholarship are
- A Stipend of Php 10,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months.
- No allotment of Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees due to “Free Tuition Law”.
- A Stipend of Php 5,000 per month for maximum of 10 school months.
- A Maximum of Php 100,000 of Tuition and Miscellaneous Fees per year.
Please note that Financial assistance will be released subject to the maximum amount per year and based on the actual number of months during which the classes are conducted and ongoing.
Also Read: Philippines Scholarships
Non-Monetary Benefits of Security Bank Scholarship
In addition to providing financial support, SBFI also promotes professional growth through opportunities for internships, participation in CSR initiatives, and attendance at training events held by partner universities.
Eligible Courses to Apply for Security Bank Foundation are
- Should be graduating Grade 12 student from public or private school
- Have a latest General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 90% or its equivalent
- No parent should currently be employed or assigned in Security Bank
- No other family member currently admitted to the scholarship within second degree of consanguinity or affinity
- No other existing scholarship except for discounts provided by the schools
- Must enroll in any of the 8 partner schools of Security Bank Inc. in NCR
8 Partner Schools of Security Bank Foundation
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Chiang Kai Shek College
- De La Salle University – Manila
- Far Eastern University – Manila
- Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of Santo Tomas
Application Requirements of Security Bank Scholarship
- Latest Grade 12 Report Card with GWA (Preferably, up to the first term or the second grading)
- Parents or Guardians’ Latest Income Tax Return / Parents or Guardians’ Certificate of Indigency
- Proof of Application for Admission in any of the 8 Partner School
- Birth Certificate
- Portrait Photo or 2 x 2 (white background)
- Online Application Form
Screening and Selection Process
- Only applications submitted online will be screened by Security Bank Foundation’s Scholarship Officer.
- Valid applications are endorsed by Security Bank Foundation to respective scholarship coordinators of our partner schools or universities.
- Security Bank Foundation may validate the data indicated in the application through mobile phone call and email.
- Applicants who passed the first level review will proceed to the online interview.
- Admitted applicants will be notified through mobile phone call and email. Applicants should ensure active contact information stated in the online application form.
- Newly admitted scholars will sign a scholarship contract to confirm their admission.
Scholarship Admission Timeline 2022
- May 16, 2022: Opening of Applications
- July 15, 2022: Deadline of Applications
- July 16 to 31: 1st Level Review (SBFI)
- August 1 to 15: 2nd Level Review (Partner School)
- August 16 to 30: Online Interview
- September 1 to September 15: Final Assessment
- 4th week of September or prior: Announcement of Newly Admitted Scholars
Terms and Conditions
- The scholarship assistance commences on the first year of the tertiary course and continues until the graduation from the same course.
- The scholar must be enrolled for at least the minimum number of units or load required by the school for each school term.
- Scholars are required to maintain at least 86% general weighted average (GWA) and at least 80% per subject grade by the end of the term (semester/trimester).
Scholars are required to renew their scholarship every school term (i.e. semester/trimester).
The Documents required to renew your Security Bank Foundation Scholarship are :
- Online Renewal Form
- Certificate of Enrolment/Registration Form for the next school term
- Report Card/Transcript of Records indicating general weighted average for the previous school term
- Assessment of fees
- Updated grading system from school or university
- Reconsideration Letter (only if the scholar fails to meet the per subject grade requirement)
A scholar may be terminated from the scholarship upon commission of any of the following grounds:
- Failure to submit the renewal requirements on the date of the deadline
- Failure to meet the general weighted average (GWA)
- Failing, incomplete, or dropped grade in both academic and non-academic subjects
- Transferring to another school
- Shifting to a non-eligible course
- Deferment of enrolment in a school year (except for poor health)
- Violation of school policies during the availment of the grant
- Availment of another scholarship other than Security Bank Scholarship
How to Apply for Security Bank Scholarship :
If you want to apply for Security Bank Scholarship for the first time, click below ↓
If you want to renew your Security Bank Scholarship, click below ↓
For Academic Year (AY) 2022 – 2023:
- The Opening Date of Applications – May 16, 2022
- The Deadline Date of Applications – July 15, 2022.
Please make sure to check the official website before applying for Scholarship.
Source : Security Bank Scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Security Bank Scholarship
What are Security Bank Scholarship benefits
What is Security Bank Scholarship 2022
What is Security Bank Scholarship Application 2022
What are Security Bank Scholarship Partner Schools
2. Chiang Kai Shek College
3. De La Salle University – Manila
4. Far Eastern University – Manila
5. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila
6. Polytechnic University of the Philippines
7. University of the Philippines – Diliman
8. University of Santo Tomas