Bringing this to the attention of all parents who have students entering Grade 7 with minds as smart as Einstein! In light of the National Competitive Exam (NCE) for the Pisay scholarship application and screening of prospective incoming Grade 7 students, the Philippine Science High School recently announced on June 15, 2022 that the application for PSHS’s scholarship for SY 2023–2024 is now open to eligible Filipino students through its Requirements for Admission, Criteria, and Evaluation (RACE) for the third consecutive year.
Benefits of Philippine Science High School scholarship
The Benefits of Philippine Science High School scholarship are
- Monthly stipend
- Free tuition fee
- Free loan of textbooks
- Dormitory accommodation (if applicable)
- Living allowances for low-income groups
Application requirements of PSHS scholarship
To apply for Philippine Science High School (PSHS) scholarship, one must be a Grade 6 student from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education is eligble to apply for the scholarship, provided that they meet the PSHS’s Requirement for Admission, Criteria, and Evaluation (RACE).
- Must be Filipino citizens with no pending or approved application as immigrant to any foreign country.
- Must be more than 14 years old or younger by June 30, 2023.
- No previous application for PSHS admission.
- Applicants must have a final score of 85% or better in Mathematics and Science, evidenced by the student’s report card. If the student’s scores below 85% in Science or Maths, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the batch.
- Must have at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2021–2022).
- Must be in good health and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program.
Required Documents to apply for PSHS scholarship
The Following documents are required to apply for Philippine Science High School (PSHS) scholarship
- Recent 1″ x 1″ ID photos
- Fully accomplished application form
- The Certified true copy of report card (SY 2021–2022) provided by the class teacher/principal.
- Processing Fees :
- free application for public school students and full scholars from private schools.
- A Non-refundable processing fee of P300 for private school students, based on the applicant’s Grade 5 school
- If the final grades in Science or Math are below 85%, certification or proof that the child belongs to the upper 10% of the batch.
- Certification from the private school if the pupil-applicant is on full scholarship.
Selection Procedure of PSHS scholarship
- The selection process consists of two stages
- Stage 1 : The first stage is by determining the applicant’s predicted NCE grade (PNG) based on adding up final grades in Science and Mathematics in Grade 5.
- Stage 2 : The second stage is based on writing skills determined through an essay submission.
- Applicants will be ranked from the highest to lowest based on their Final Score
- The top 240 applicants are considered as the Principal Qualifiers to the PSHS-Main Campus (MC) in Diliman, Quezon City.
- The top 90 or 120 applicants, based on the quota of the PSHS campus, in the regional ranking are the Principal Qualifiers of the Regional Campuses.
Regional Campus locations
The Regional campuses are located at
- San Ildefonso, Ilocos Sur;
- Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya;
- Irisan, Baguio City;
- Clark, Pampanga;
- Barangay Sampaga, Batangas City;
- Barangay Odiongan, Romblon;
- Goa, Camarines Sur;
- Jaro, Iloilo;
- Palo, Leyte; Argao, Cebu;
- Dipolog City, Zamboanga;
- Balo-i, Lanao del Norte;
- Mintal, Davao City;
- Koronadal City, South Cotabato;
- Ampayon, Butuan City.
Application Process : Online and Offline
You can Apply for PSHS scholarship through online, through PSHS website or offline, from your nearest PSHS campuses, DOST Regional offices, or Provincial Science and Technology Offices.
You can Apply Online for PSHS scholarship from here ↓
You can Apply for PSHS scholarship offline by downloading Application form from here ↓
Important Dates : Application start Date and Deadline
- The Applications start date to Apply starts from June 15, 2022
- The Deadline to submit application for PSHS Scholarship is November 15, 2022
Early submission is encouraged for quick processing
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to all frequently asked questions from here : Click here