⚡ Join OWWA Scholarship Facebook Group To Get Latest Scholarship Updates
CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MRS) 2023-2024
CHED has announced the launch of CHED Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MRS) program for the year 2023-2024 on January 26, 2023.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) invites all Private Higher Education Institutions (PHEIs) offering accredited Doctor of Medicine programs to participate as a partner HEI in the implementation of the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) program for Academic Year 2023-2024.
As Per CHED Memorandum
In accordance with the pertinent provisions of Republic Act (RA) No. 7722, otherwise known as the “Higher Education Act of 1994” and Republic Act (RA) No. 11509, otherwise known as the “Doktor Para Sa Bayan Act”, all private higher education institutions (PHEIS) offering recognized Doctor of Medicine program, are invited to be a partner HEI in the implementation of the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) program for Academic Year (AY) 2023-2024.
Eligibility Criteria to be a partner PHEI
Following is the eligibility criteria for a Private Higher Education Institutions to become a Partner PHEI:
- Duly recognized by CHED to offer Medicine program;
- Performance in the Physician Licensure Examination of the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC):
- At least 65% overall institutional passing percentage for HEls with graduates in the last 3 years; and
- 75% overall institutional passing percentage for HEIS with graduates for less than 3 years.
- With designated scholarship coordinator or focal person;
- With admission slots for indigenous people (IP) and students from Geographically Isolated and Disadvantaged Areas (GIDAS);
- With a capacity to conduct review classes for graduating scholars; and
- Willing to provide a counterpart fund to be used for providing the balance of tuition and other school fees for scholars enrolled therein.
READ: CHED Medical Scholarship 2023 Application | Apply NOW
CHED Medical Scholar Subsidy
The amount of Tuition and Other School Fees (TOSF) subsidy to be provided by the CHED to qualifying scholars is listed below. The concerned CHED Regional Office shall pay this directly to the PHEI. (CHEDRO). The partner PHEI will contribute the counterpart fund for the balance in excess of these amounts.
- For Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Scholars: New and On-going
- Amount of TOSF to be provided by CHED: 200,000/AY or 100,000/Semester
READ: PhilFrance DOST Scholarship 2023 | Apply NOW
How to Submit the Application
Interested parties may submit their application to the CHED Office of the Executive Director through the Office of Student Development and Services (OSDS) on or before April 21, 2023.
For queries and concerns, you may contact Ms. Mary Jeane D. Ebora through landline at 02 8988-0001 or email at [email protected] and [email protected].
Official Memorandum – CHED Medical Scholarship
Youtube Video Guide – CHED Scholarship
Get Latest Updates on Facebook
Join OWWA Scholarship Facebook Group for Philippines Scholarships, Study Abroad Scholarships for Filipinos, Announcements, Exams and Job updates.
[Source: CHED Memorandum]