Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship, a scholarship program started by Commission on Higher Education to help Filipino students studying in the medical fields. CHED Medical Scholarship can be used to pay for tuition, accommodation, books, or any other educational expenses.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is calling for applicants who are interested to apply for the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) Program for the Second Semester (AY 2021-2022) and First Semester (AY 2022-2023).
Overview of CHED Medical Scholarship
As per CHED’s Memorandum, the MSRS is under the amendments of “Republic Act (RA) No. 7722, otherwise known as the “Higher Education Act of 1994” and the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 11509, otherwise known as the “Doktor Para Sa Bayan” Act.
“The Commission on Higher Education (CHED), is now accepting applicants for the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) program for Doctor of Medicine program for the second semester, AY 2021-2022 and first semester, AY 2022-2023,” the memorandum read.
Benefits of CHED Medical Scholarship
CHED Medical Scholarship and return service program in state universities and colleges or partner private higher education institutions. Following are the benefits of CHED Medical Scholarship
- Free tuition and other school fees
- Allowance for prescribed books, supplies and equipment
- Clothing or uniform allowance
- Allowance for dormitory or boarding house accommodation
- Transportation allowance
- Internship fees
- Medical board review fees
- Licensure fees
- Annual medical insurance
- Other education-related miscellaneous subsistence or living expenses
Qualifications to Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship
The Following are the Qualifications to Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship
- Must be a Filipino citizen living in the Philippines
- Must be a graduating student or a graduate of an appropriate undergraduate program identified as a prerequisite for a medicine degree from any higher educational institution recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED)
- Passed the entrance examinations and complied with other requirements for admission into a medicine degree
- Obtained a National Medical Admission test score mandated by CHED and required by the educational institution where the student intends to enroll in.
Also Read : Ongoing Scholarships in Philippines
List of Partner Universities
A scholar must be rolled of must be intended to enroll in the following universities
|Region||Name of Higher Education Institutions||Type|
|1||Mariano Marcos State University||SUC|
|University of Northern Philippines||SUC|
|2||Cagayan State Univeristy||SUC|
|3||Angeles University Foundation||Private|
|4||Adventist University of the Philippines||Private|
|De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute||Private|
|6||West Visayas State University||SUC|
|Central Philippine University||Private|
|University of St. La Salle||Private|
|8||Cebu Normal University-Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center||SUC|
|9||University of the Philippines School of Health Sciences||SUC|
|10||Western Mindanao State University||SUC|
|11||Mindanao State University – Iligan||SUC|
|University of Southeastern Philippines||SUC|
|Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc.||Private|
|Brokenshire College, Inc.||Private|
|12||Mindanao State University – General Santos||SUC|
|NCR||University of the Philippines Manila||SUC|
Prohibitions : Things that can get you banned
The student will lose the scholarship benefits under the following circumstances:
- Accepts a new scholarship from a different public or private organization
- Failure to meet academic requirements or complete the course within the time frame prescribed by the school in which he is enrolled
- Fails to obtain a passing grade on the physician licensure examination within five years of completing the mandatory internship program
- Commits to gross misconduct in behavior
Following successful completion of the physician licensure examinations and receipt of a licence to practise, the student is expected to enter the public health and medical care system, subject to the following conditions:
- Serve at least one year in a government public health office, government hospital, or any accredited government health facility in his hometown or in any underserved municipality closest to his hometown for each scholarship year received.
- Provide mandatory return service within six years of passing the licensure examination for those who completed a four-year programme and seven years for those who completed a five-year programme.
A physician who takes part in the programme but does not complete the required return service and integration will be charged twice the scholarship amount. If a physician fails to pay the costs, his licence will not be renewed; however, this law does not apply to persons who missed the mandatory return service due to a serious illness.
How to Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship
You can apply for CHED Medical Scholarship by visiting your nearest CHED Regional office.
For more information, Click here
Deadline to Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship
The Deadline to apply for CHED Medical Scholarship for the second semester of the academic year 2021-2022 is April 30, 2022
The Deadline to apply for CHED Medical Scholarship for the first semester of the academic year 2022-2023 is August 31, 2022