⚡Click here for Ongoing College Scholarships 2023-2024⚡
CHED Medical Scholarship 2023-2024 is open to Apply for all eligible Filipinos. The CHED Scholarship program is an initiative by Commission on Higher Education to help Filipino students studying in the medical fields.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) is calling for applicants who are interested to apply for the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) Program for the First Semester, AY 2023-2024.
Table of Contents
- What is CHED Medical Scholarship 2023
- Scholarship Benefits
- Qualifications to Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship
- Documentary Requirements for CHED Medical Scholarship
- List of Partner Universities
- Scholarship Deadline
- How to Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship 2023
- CHED Scholarship – Video Guide
- Official Scholarship Memorandum
What is CHED Medical Scholarship 2023
As per CHED’s Memorandum, the MSRS is under the amendments of “Republic Act (RA) No. 7722, otherwise known as the “Higher Education Act of 1994” and the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) No. 11509, otherwise known as the “Doktor Para Sa Bayan” Act.
“The Commission on Higher Education (CHED), is now accepting applicants for the Medical Scholarship and Return Service (MSRS) program for Doctor of Medicine program for the First Semester, AY 2023-2024″. the memorandum read.
Following are the benefits of CHED Medical Scholarship 2023:
- Free tuition and other school fees
- Allowance for prescribed books, supplies and equipment
- Clothing or uniform allowance
- Dormitory or boarding house accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Internship fees
- Licensure fees
- Medical board review fees
- Annual medical insurance
- Other education-related miscellaneous subsistence or living expenses
Qualifications to Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship
The Following are the Qualifications to Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship
- Must be a Filipino citizen living in the Philippines;
- Must be a graduating student or a graduate of an appropriate undergraduate program identified as a prerequisite for a Doctor of Medicine degree;
- Currently enrolled in Doctor of Medicine degree, from any higher educational institution (HEIs) duly recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED), including a direct entrant to the integrated liberal arts and medicine (INTARMED) program who satisfactorily completes the first two (2) years of the program: provided, that deserving incoming second-year medical students and those in the higher year levels of the Doctor of Medicine program shall also be covered, as long as they have complied with the academic requirements and retention policies of the school in the past terms preceding their scholarship application;
- Must have passed the entrance examinations and complied with other requirements for admission into a Doctor of Medicine degree in the chosen SUCs/PHEIs where the scholar intends to enroll or is currently enrolled;
- Obtained a National Medical Admission test (NMAT) score mandated by CHED and required by the educational institution where the student intends to enroll in.
Documentary Requirements for CHED Medical Scholarship
Following is the list of documents required to apply for CHED Medical Scholarship 2023:
- A Proof of Filipino citizenship such as a government-issued document showing proof of Filipino citizenship, including, but not limited to a certified true copy of Birth Certificate issued by Local Civil Registry of Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)/Philsys ID;
- Certificate of Good Moral Character;
- Additional requirements for priority groups (as applicable):
- a) Certification of Residency issued by the barangay;
- b) Certification as member of indigenous people or minority group/National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) certificate;
- c) Certification issued by the DOH-Bureau of Local Health Systems and Development that the applicant is a dependent of community health volunteer; and
- d) Certification from Local Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (LDRRMO) or Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) that the applicant is from calamity-prone and conflict areas.
- The Latest Income Tax Return of parents or guardian not to exceed four hundred fifty thousand pesos (Php 450,000.00). In the case of identified priority groups, Tax Exemption of Tax Declaration from the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR)/Social Case Study duly signed by a registered Social Worker where the applicant resides;
- Affidavit of no existing scholarship grant or with Return Service Obligation; and
- Certification of Acceptance from SUC/PHEI.
List of Partner Universities
A scholar must be rolled of must be intended to enroll in the following universities
|Region||Name of Higher Education Institutions||Type|
|I||1. Mariano Marcos State University||SUC|
|2. University of Northern Philippines||SUC|
|II||3. Cagayan State University||SUC|
|4. St. Paul University Philippines – Tuguegarao||Private|
|III||5. Angeles University Foundation||Private|
|IV||6. Batangas State University||SUC|
|7. Cavite State University||SUC|
|8. Adventist University of the Philippines||Private|
|9. De La Salle Medical and Health Sciences Institute||Private|
|V||10. Bicol University||SUC|
|VI||11. West Visayas State University||SUC|
|12. Central Philippine University||Private|
|13. University of St. La Salle||Private|
|VII||14. Cebu Normal University-Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center||SUC|
|15. Cebu Institute of Medicine||Private|
|16. University of Cebu College of Medicine Foundation, Inc.||Private|
|VIII||17. University of the Philippines School of Health Sciences||SUC|
|IX||18. Western Mindanao State University||SUC|
|X||19. Mindanao State University – Iligan||SUC|
|20. The Xavier University Dr Jose P Rizal School of Medicine||Private|
|XI||21. University of Southeastern Philippines||SUC|
|22. Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc.||Private|
|23. Brokenshire College, Inc.||Private|
|XII||24. Mindanao State University – General Santos City||SUC|
|25. University of Southern Mindanao||SUC|
|NCR||26. University of the Philippines – Manila||SUC|
|27. Ateneo De Manila University School of Medicine and Public Health||Private|
|28. Metropolitan Medical Center||Private|
|29. Far Eastern University – Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation||Private|
|30. St. Luke’s Medical Center College of Medicine||Private|
|CAR||31. Saint Louis University||Private|
The Deadline to apply for CHED Medical Scholarship 2023 is May 31, 2023.
How to Apply for CHED Medical Scholarship 2023
All Interested and eligible applicants can submit their Scholarship application through the SUC/PHEI.
The CHED/CHED Regional Office and State Universities and Colleges(SUCs)/ Partner Higher Educational Institutions(PHEIs) together with other stakeholders are the ones who are responsible for the application, necessary documentary requirements, selection process and general provisions of the program. Kindly coordinate with the respective entities.
CHED Scholarship – Video Guide
Official Scholarship Memorandum
Get Latest Updates on Facebook
Join OWWA Scholarship Facebook Group for Philippine Scholarships, Cash Assistance programs, Civil Service Exams and Government Job updates.
[Source: St. Paul University Philippines]