⚡ Join OWWA Scholarship Facebook Group To Get Latest Scholarship Updates
TES Scholarship 2022-2023, Tertiary Education Subsidy | Apply Now
TES Scholarship – Tertiary Education Subsidy is a government grant-in-aid program to support the cost or part of the expenses of students in their college education.
This Scholarship is one of the programs of RA 10931 (Universal Access to Quality Tertiary Education Act) signed and implemented by President Rodrigo Roa Duterte as one of his Priority Legislative Agendas on 3rd August, 2017. This Scholarship program includes Free Higher Education, Free Tech-Voc Education and Training and Student Loan Program.
Table of Contents
- Qualifications for TES Scholarship 2022
- TES Scholarship Requirements
- Documents required for Tertiary Education Subsidy 2022
- What are the conditions for TES Grant
- Benefits of TES Scholarship – Tertiary Education Subsidy 2022
- Additional Scholarship Benefits for PWDs
- Additional benefits for TES beneficiaries in a program requiring professional license or certification?
- How to apply for TES? Step-by-Step Guide
- Video Guide – UniFAST TES Scholarship
Qualifications for TES Scholarship 2022
The qualification requirements for Tertiary Education Subsidy – TES Scholarship are as follows:
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen.
- The applicant must be qualified for admission and retention requirements of your Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) and have yet to exceed their Maximum Residency Policy or Maximum Residency Rule (MRR)
- He or She must not have been expelled from any HEIs
- He or She must be qualified under any future policies that the UniFAST Board will implement
- He or She must be enrolled in any SUCs, CHED-recognized LUCs, and programs of private schools that are in the CHED Registry
Also Read: CHED Scholarship 2023
TES Scholarship Requirements
Applicants who meet the following requirements are the priority beneficiaries of the Tertiary Education Subsidy (TES):
- Current TES grantee and ESGPPA beneficiarry
- Students part of DSWD-National Household Targeting Office’s Listahan 2.0, ranked according to estimated per capita household income
- Students not part of Listahan 2.0 and ranked according to estimated per capital household based on proof of income documents required by the UniFAST Board
Furthermore, such prioritisation shall not apply to Filipino students residing in cities or municipalities without an existing SUC or LUC campus.
Documents required for Tertiary Education Subsidy 2022
The Documents required to apply for the old and new grantees that qualify for Tertiary Education Subsidy 2022 are:
- Assessment of Fees
- Certificate of Residency (if applicable)
- Certification of Registration or Enrollment
- Photocopy of PWD ID (if applicable)
What are the conditions for TES Grant
TES grantees can only enroll in the following:
For Higher Education:
- Undergraduate course/program in any SUC campus that has Board approval;
- Undergraduate courses with Certificates of Program Compliance (COPCs) in CHED-recognized LUCs; and
- Undergraduate courses with Government Recognition in private institutions listed in the UniFAST Registry of Quality-Assured Institutions and Programs
- TVET program with Certificatie of Program Registration (CoPR) and officially listed in the TESDA Compendium of Registered Program in any public or private technical-vocational institution (TVI)
Beneficiaries enrolled in higher education programs will enjoy a full academic-year of the grant amount, subject to yearly renewal based on their continued studies.
Beneficiaries enrolled in TVET programs will enjoy a full-year grant amount or the amount equivalent to the recommended period of completion of the program whichever is shorter. (Section 24-c of RA 10931)
Also Read: Civil Service Exam 2023
Benefits of TES Scholarship – Tertiary Education Subsidy 2022
Following are the benefits of TES Scholarship – Tertiary Education Subsidy:
For LUCs LGU-run TVIs, SUCs, and TESDA TTIs:
- Up to Php 40,000 per academic year for education related expenses, including rental or purchase of computer, books and supplies, transportation, lodging and board expenses.
For Private TVIs and HEIs:
The benefits entitled to students enrolled in private HEIs and TVIs (Sections 23 and 24. IRR of RA 10931) are as follows:
- Up to Php 20,000 per academic year for tuition and other school fees
- Up to Up to Php 40,000 per academic year for education related expenses, including rental or purchase of computer, books and supplies, transportation, lodging and board expenses.
Additional Scholarship Benefits for PWDs
PWD students will receive additional funding of up to Php 30,000 to help with expenses such as special services, personal assistance, transportation, equipment, and legitimately incurred supplies. (RA 10931, IRR Section 23-d)
Additional benefits for TES beneficiaries in a program requiring professional license or certification?
Students enrolled in programs that require a professional license or certification will be awarded up to Php 10,000 to cover the one-time cost of obtaining the first professional credentials or qualifications, which includes notarial fees, review classes fees, insurance premium fees, and documentation fees as per Section 23-e IRR of RA 10931.
Also Read: OWWA Scholarship 2023
How to apply for TES? Step-by-Step Guide
Here is a step-by-step guide on How new applicants can apply for TES Scholarship 2022
- To enroll for TES Scholarship, talk to the TES Focal Person of your school about the process of applying in the TES Portal.
- The Focal Person will submit the required information of the applicant into the Portal.
- There will be a Nationwide Assessment (name-matching, verification, validation, ranking) by UniFAST using school data.
- The TES Portal of your HEI will display the results list of qualified grantees.
- The school will let you know if you have been included in the list of eligible grantees;
- After you have been selected , you can submit required Documents.
- The school will submit your Certified Documentary Requirements to the CHED Regional Offices for verification and validation.
- After verification, the UniFAST Board will approve the Masterlist of qualified grantees, which will be given to the schools.
- The school will receive the funds to distribute grants to the TES beneficiaries.
Video Guide – UniFAST TES Scholarship
Get Latest Updates on Facebook
Join our Facebook group for Philippine Scholarships, Cash Assistance programs, Civil Service Exams and Government Job updates.